WatchTower was founded to help employee benefit insurance carriers and brokers simplify the complex process of providing employers insurance.
More than $400B of employee benefit insurance is placed each year using manual, error-prone workflows and low tech solutions. WatchTower drives connectivity and trust between brokers and carriers through the transparent exchange of information, enabling them to write better business faster and unlock insights to help employers offer the best possible benefits for their employees.
Our goal is to become the operating system for the employee benefits insurance industry so that we can better the lives of our customers and the millions of people who rely on them every day.
Position: Placement Specialist
As a Placement Specialist, you’ll be playing a critical role on our team at a time of significant growth. You’ll contribute to the success of the company by directly supporting the core WatchTower product, broker customers, and carrier partners.
As one of the first Placement Specialists, you’ll work with a seasoned and capable team. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the Company’s success, and your actions will help shape the culture of our team.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the process of running an RFP on WatchTower from start to finish.
- Ensure that every broker and carrier experience is a positive one.
- Collaborate with our carrier partners to optimize our working relationships with them.
- Provide input to the Design & Engineering teams to continuously improve customer experience.
- Work with the leadership team to understand the objectives that drive the business forward, and contribute to the strategy of accomplishing them.
More specifically, you will
- Obtain information from our carrier partners and confirm it meets our plan & experience reporting standards.
- Use our internal software to review, analyze, and prepare the RFP’s to be facilitated by the WatchTower platform.
- Make recommendations to our broker customers to help them consult their clients.
- Mentor new team members as the company grows.
- Maintain our reputation for high quality standards.
Your skills & experiences include
- 3-5+ years of employee benefit insurance experience
- 2+ years of underwriting experience
- Life, Disability, Dental, Vision, Worksite, or Stop Loss experience preferred
- Comfortable working with remote team members
Your compensation will include
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parental leave
Where you’ll work
- Our team works in Catapult, one of Chicago’s top-rated office spaces for growth stage companies.
- Located in downtown Chicago, our office is in the historic Franklin Tower building, near the Washington & Wells brown line station.
- Enjoy unlimited access to learning & development opportunities including events, workshops, and mentoring from the entrepreneurs and growing businesses working around us.
- Option to balance your work schedule both in-office and remotely.
Our Team Values are the beliefs that guide our behavior. You can see them in how we conduct ourselves, how we treat and communicate with others, and how we make decisions.
By operating around a shared set of values we collectively grow and be more successful for it. For that reason we’re seeking like-motivated candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Keep your commitments - When you commit to something you feel a personal obligation to deliver on it.
- Embrace the constraints - You have the mindset that there’s always a way forward, no matter how hard it gets.
- Growth - You fundamentally believe that you can improve.
- Respect for the individual - You show respect for others through your words and actions.
- Results - You understand that we exist to serve our customers, and you’re laser focused on delivering results for them.
As a member of our team, your work will be valued, and you can expect your efforts to have a direct impact on the business. Contact us now to learn more. email@example.com
WatchTower is committed to building an inclusive working environment regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics. We believe that people do their best work when they can be themselves, and we want to create an environment to enable them to do just that.